UKCA is the abbreviation of UK Conformity Assessed. On February 2, 2019, the UK government announced the UKCA logo scheme to be adopted in the event of a no-deal Brexit. This means that after March 29, trade with the UK will be conducted under World Trade Organization (WTO) rules. EU law and regulation will no longer apply in the UK. UKCA certification will replace the current EU CE certification, and most products will be included in the scope of certification. On January 31, 2020, the UK/EU Withdrawal Agreement was ratified and officially entered into force. The UK is currently entering a transition period of “Brexit”, during which consultations with the European Commission will take place. The transition period is scheduled to end on December 31, 2020. When the UK leaves the EU on December 31, 2020, the UKCA (UK Accreditation of Conformity) mark will become the new UK product mark.
2. Use of the UKCA mark:
1. Most (but not all) products that are currently included in the CE mark will be included in the scope of the new UKCA mark;
2. The rules for the use of the new UKCA mark are consistent with the current rules for the use of the CE mark;
3 The UK government will notify a time-limited stage if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. If the product has completed production and conformity assessment before the deadline of March 29, 2019, the manufacturer can still use the CE mark to sell the product in the UK market before the end of the restriction period;
4. If the manufacturer’s product plan is assessed by the UK conformity assessment The agency performs a third-party conformity assessment and does not transfer the data to the EU accreditation agency. After March 29, 2019, the product entering the UK market needs to apply for the UKCA mark;
5. The UKCA mark will not be recognized in the EU market. Products that require CE marking will continue to require CE marking for sale in the EU.
you may get more info from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-ukca-marking
3. What are the specific requirements for the UKCA certification mark?
The UKCA mark consists of the letters “UKCA” in the grid, with “UK” above the “CA”. The UKCA symbol must be at least 5mm in height (unless other dimensions are required by specific regulations) and cannot be deformed or used in a different scale. The UKCA label must be clearly visible, legible and permanent. This affects the suitability of different label formats and materials – for example, products that are exposed to high temperatures and require UKCA marking will need to have durable heat resistant labels to ensure regulatory compliance.
4. When will UKCA certification take effect?
If you have placed your products on the UK market (or in EU countries) before January 1, 2021, you do not need to take any action. Businesses are encouraged to prepare for the full implementation of the new UK regime as soon as possible after 1 January 2021. However, to allow time for businesses to adjust, EU-compliant goods that are CE marked (goods that meet UK requirements) can continue to be placed on the GB market until 1 January 2022, with EU and UK requirements remaining constant.
for EN17353 certificate, you can ask for UKCA from the testing lab like SATRA.
We are the manufactuer of all kinds of reflective products like safety vest, reflective slap band, reflective badge and reflective stickers etc in China. Our products are mainly for Europe market.
We mainly use 3M Scotchlite reflective material and Reflexite reflective material to meet CE EN17353 standard.
Welcome your inquiry at any time!